Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The wonders of urban sprawl in a state

CHICAGO, IL in Huntington, IN

Directions: Take U.S. 41 (Lake Shore Drive) in the South. He became directly into the South Shore Drive and turn left onto 87th Street and then right on the boulevard Indianapolis, it is once Indiana (the set is clearly marked by signs U.S. 41 South while the route). Take 41 south of the USA USA 30 and turn left to head east. Stay on U.S. 30 is about 110 miles. Turn right onto Indiana 9 and stay on the approximately 20 miles. Bear right on Tipton Street and follow in this city. Turn right onto Warren Street. 166 miles and about 4 hours, 5 minutes.

Alternate Route: Take U.S. 41 (Lake Shore Drive) south of Chicago Skyway (I-90). Exit # 31 is for Chesterton / Valparaiso. Turn right onto Indiana 49 South to Valparaiso. Take the ramp on U.S. 30 East (towards Plymouth) and stay on for about 85 miles. Turn right onto Indiana 9 and stay on the approximately 20 miles. Bear right on Tipton Street and follow in this city. Turn right onto Warren Street. 166 miles and about 3 hours, 35 minutes.

Picking my rental car at the Alamo on Lake Clark and stop the blue line (and under the loop stops), I set the Lake Street Michigan Avenue to Congress Street Lake Shore Drive. ImageChicago my hometown so that I could recommend a dozen scenic roads to get from downtown the city (and a couple really dangerous as those of South State Street).

Still in all my time to leave the city, I could not remember a time that Lake Shore Drive considered more beautiful.

The route that I took is not highly recommended as it passes through the shadow absolutely certain sections of Chicago, but I do recommed taking Lake Shore Drive to where it merges with the Skyway on a tract as the more traditional Kennedy (I-90 / I -94). Lake Shore Drive loops around the beaches and parks of Lake Michigan in a seemingly endless series of view on the lake.

South Shore Drive did the same through Hyde Park and Bronzeville (mainly Chicago, Harlem, but without the urban decay). However, if you take the road to South Shore Drive, there is no leakage and you'll be stuck either along the lake to Indiana (and if you're scared of the city along the wheel and ) Or via Chicago absolute worst neighborhoods to return to the expressway.

ImageIf you stand firm, Indianapolis Boulevard is worth every ounce of concern that you may have.

The Skyway is much faster but it goes above and too far north to see a great hidden secret of Chicagoland that I did not know - the towns of Munster and Highland, IN.

These cities are so near Chicago that people of the shuttle in two things, but caught my eye very quickly. The first is that the first farm, I saw the visit was off the road in Highland the second is that Highland has a spectacular main street that for Indianapolis Boulevard turns into a short stretch.

Beyond that, this road is not very exciting, but there is no way to avoid U.S. 30 (and, believe me, Yahoo and Google Maps once tried to take me to express, no matter how I I am beaten disk). Unlike many sections of U.S. 30 (Lincoln Highway) there are not many courses to expand its Indiana. It's basically a big piece of sububan spread across northern Indiana.

This road goes below Valpariso which is supposed to be very pleasant and could be an interesting place to end - but I did not. Warsaw, IN seems it might be an interesting place because of its name, but it is not.

Huntington, on the other hand, is a Norman Rockwell painting with modern characters.

0 komentar: